In this article, we will be looking at the Overview, Main functions, improvements/ changes made, and Pros & Cons of MS Office 2016. A downloadable link of MS Office 2016 is also given at the end of this article.
An Overview of MS Office 2016
The influential software in Microsoft Office 2013 residues in MS Office 2016, comprising features and shortcuts for the things you do most often, like producing professional eyeing presentations, working on worksheets, or word giving out. And because it allows you to open, save, change, or collaborate on documents in the cloud, you can make best use of efficiency and do great work anywhere, anytime. MS Office 2016 is much more influential and comes with better support than free software, like Open Office or Google Docs.
MS Office 2016 Includes
- Arrest your ideas however you work best, using keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
- Be a power Office user the easy way. Type what you want help with in the new tell me box on the ribbon and it will tell you how to do it.
- New themes let you choose the Office experience that’s right for you. Dark and Dark Gray themes provide high contrast that’s easier on the eyes, and the Colorful theme gives you a modern look that’s consistent across your devices.
- Enhance your reading experience with Insights, powered by Bing, which shows you relevant information from the web when you’re reading an Office file.
- Let one of the templates from the Start screen do most of the setup and design, so you can focus on your ideas and data.
- Keep track of comments in Word documents and mark them as done with the new reply button.
- Pull content from PDFs directly into Word. Open PDFs and edit contents, lists, and tables just as you do in similar Word documents.
- Save time formatting/organizing data in Excel, so you can draw visions from your data faster.
- New tools identify your configuration and auto-complete data.
- New charts and graphs in Excel give you more methods to explore and tell convincing stories with your commercial data.
- Excel endorses charts best suited for your data, and gives you a screening/preview how your data will look.
- In Excel, you may now create basic predictions on your data with one click to visualize / preview future trends.
- Share your PowerPoint presentation over the internet / web by referring a link to it or using the (free) Office Presentation Service to convey it, so your audience / onlooker can join you from anywhere they want.
- Embed or implant Excel spreadsheets, audio clips, diagrams, videos, and any other kind of data file in your OneNote notebooks. Your notes are saved, synced, and searchable to OneNote apps on other devices, so you can use or share / use them from anywhere.
- Reply faster with inline replies. These replies are positioned right within the body of the unique message in Outlook. Just type your reply in the Reading Pane.
- Saves time with online photo printing choices in Publisher.
- List and encapsulate data from associated table / query fast in Access. Simply click an element to open a comprehensive view of that item.
- Finest for very Small businesses and Home businesses.
Little Changes Made in MS Office 2016
Once you have gone through the installation procedure, you will have Microsoft’s latest types of Access, Excel, OneNote, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Publisher, and Word all installed. It is important to note that these programs are not available distinctly and must be downloaded as one package. If you are found of the earlier version of the program, it is worth mentioning that you will not be able to run Office 2013 side by side with MS Office 2016, so on a work machine this could be worth delightful into account. One major transformation that you will witness is that Lync is now Skype for Business.
At first look, Word’s look and feel is quite similar to the 2013 type, more colorful with “Word Blue” topping the Ribbon look / interface. The icons are organized slightly differently, but the foremost options remain the same. The biggest addition is the Tell Me box, that is more than just a search able help menu. For example, write “comment” and it will recommend the Insert Comment option but, instead of telling you how to put a comment, that will do it for you itself automatically. You will also find this feature in Excel and PowerPoint.
The second main addition is real time text editing, meaning you can witness exactly what other uses who are working on that very document are doing on screen. Other new Word features contain a Store, where you may download apps for Microsoft Word along with simplified “Save As” location choices, and email addresses being included to cloud accounts such as “One-drive” to avoid mis-perception with on-premises options.
Improvements Made in MS Office 2016
Excel has a somewhat streamlined menu, but the interface is mostly the same as the previous one. You may not be able to see any apparent changes, those who use MS Excel to work with lots of data, will be delighted to know that Microsoft has improved its business intelligence functionality.
The company has combined several of its BI add-ons which were only available distinctly in previous versions of MS Office. These add-ons include Power Query, which permits business users to apparent relevant data more simply without input from IT self-service BI; and Power View, which lets users to more simply build reports from the data they have textured. There are also a variation of new graphs and charts to select from, comprising Tree Map, Waterfall, Sunburst, Box & Whisker, and Pareto & Histogram. The one new addition is the linking with OneDrive, letting you to attach a file directly from the cloud storage.
There are numerous changes Microsoft has made that are not visible to the user eye, but that will help shield data from getting into the erroneous hands, as well as convenience enhancements, and enhancements for IT managers regarding to deploy the suite.
World’s most commanding office suite. Upgraded with the flattest collaboration features anywhere. Least interface changes from 2013 edition. Monthly updates with novel features for Office 365 subscribers. Reliable interface on altogether platforms, mobile and desktop.
Slight used features that were uncomfortable in past versions still are not fixed. Old-fashioned standalone copies will not get the same update that Office 365 subscribers will acquire automatically.
Microsoft Office rests the mightiest production suite you can get, with solid collaboration features included in the newest version of MS Office 2016. Users of MS Office 2013 will not need any remembering, and new features are inserted efficiently in with the old.
We hope you liked our article on MS Office 2016. If you have any query, suggestion or question; you may post your valuable comments below.